- Q.What is DHL EXPRESS EASY?
- A.DHL EXPRESS EASY is a service that makes international shipping easy by using dedicated envelopes and boxes. (The receiver is responsible for import taxes, customs duties or fees levied by the destination country.)
- Q.Can anyone use DHL EXPRESS EASY?
- A.Yes. DHL EXPRESS EASY is available to both individuals and businesses. Please note that DHL EXPRESS EASY cannot be used with shipper's DHL account number. Shipping charges must be paid at the store even if you have a DHL account.
- Q.Does DHL EXPRESS EASY take longer to deliver shipment than DHL’s regular services?
- A.DHL EXPRESS EASY has the same speed with DHL's regular services. The shipping tariff and shipment acceptance process are simplified for DHL EXPRESS EASY. But shipment takes the same amount of time to reach destinations as DHL's standard services. (If the receiver is an individual, he or she may be contacted by customs authorities to confirm receipt before the shipment is delivered.)
- Q.Can I check the status of shipment?
- A.Click here to check the status of your shipment.
- Q.Where are stores offering DHL EXPRESS EASY?
- A.Click here to find the stores, DHL Service Point. Please note that DHL EXPRESS EASY at University Co-op stores are available only to students and staff with the membership.
- Q.What are available services at DHL Service Point?
- A.1. DHL EXPRESS EASY
2. Shipment drop-off by DHL account holders. (not available at some stores.) Shipment with DHL export account nubmer starting with 5 is acceptable. But DHL Import Exress accounts starting with 9 are not accepted.
- Q.How much does DHL EXPRESS EASY cost?
- A.DHL EXPRESS EASY tariff is simple. We divide the world into four areas. For documents up to 0.5kg, we charge a fixed rate for each area. For each package, there is a standard rate. Depending upon weight, there may be additional charge. You can find shipping rates here.
- Q.Are there any handling fees for using DHL EXPRESS EASY?
- A.DHL EXPRESS EASY price is all-inclusive and includes fuel surcharge.
- Q.Can I bill a DHL EXPRESS EASY shipment to a DHL account?
- A.No. DHL EXPRESS EASY shipment cannot be billed to shipper's DHL account. Please pay all charges at the store when you ship your packages via DHL EXPRESS EASY.
- Q.Can I use DHL EXPRESS EASY by charging all cost to the receiver?
- A.No. DHL EXPRESS EASY charges must be prepaid. Please pay the shipping costs at the store when you ship your packages.
- Q.Can I ship anything in the DHL EXPRESS EASY envelopes or boxes?
- A.Goods that are restricted by the destination country or DHL's shipping guidelines may not be shipped. Additionally, DHL EXPRESS EASY envelopes may only be used for documents.
- Q.What are things I cannot send with DHL EXPRESS EASY?
- A.Goods that are restricted by the destination country or DHL’s shipping guidelines may not be shipped. Please refer to the following for notable items.
- ●Food (Perishables, juices, alcohol, confectionary, etc.)
- ●Liquids (Beverages, spray bottles, lotions, etc.)
- ●Dangerous articles (fireworks, lighters, matches, fuels, weapons, replicas of weapons, narcotics, etc.)
- ●Elemental lithium batteries
- ●Precious metals and stones, bullion
- ●Animals, insects, plants (fresh flowers)
- ●Animal or plant products (leather goods, furs, etc.)
- ●Personal correspondence
- ●Credit cards
- ●Cash, vouchers
- ●Airline tickets, travel documents
- ●Pharmaceuticals (liquids, tablets, powders, etc.)
- ●Other items that DHL deems unsafe for transport
* When you ship precision equipment such as computers, mobile phones, or game consoles and you are unsure if the items you wish to send are restricted, please contact DHL Customer Service at 0120-39-2580 in advance to find if the item(s) may be shipped.
Restricted items and requirements for additional shipping documents may vary depending on destination countries.
- Q.Can I send CD-ROM discs as documents?
- A.CD-ROM discs are treated as non-document. So please use a DHL EXPRESS EASY box. Other storage media are also non-document.
- Q.Can I send items with DHL EXPRESS EASY by using package other than DHL envelopes and boxes?
- A.No. Items must be packed in DHL EXPRESS EASY envelopes or boxes. If not, your shipment cannot be accepted at DHL Service Points.
- Q.What should I do if the items I want to send do not fit in a DHL EXPRESS EASY box?
- A.DHL EXPRESS EASY is not available to goods that do not fit into the designated boxes. If you wish to send them by DHL's other services, please contact DHL Customer Service (0120-39-2580) for more information.
- Q.How can I get DHL EXPRESS EASY packaging (envelopes and boxes) and necessary shipping documents such as waybills and invoices? Can I have them delivered?
- A.DHL EXPRESS EASY packaging and documents are available at DHL Service Point. DHL does not do delivery service for such items. You can also download the invoice template in a PDF file at this website and fill it in digitally. If you are sending non-document, make sure to print out two copies of the invoice and sign both.
- Q.Can I send multiple packages with a single shipment waybill?
- A.No. One waybill is required for each shipment or package when using DHL EXPRESS EASY.
- Q.Can I get my DHL EXPRESS EASY shipment picked up?
- A.No. Pick-up service is not available for DHL EXPRESS EASY. Please bring your packages to DHL Service Point.
- Q.Are there any countries that I can’t send packages to with DHL EXPRESS EASY?
- A.There are some, while extremely limited, countries and regions where DHL does not provide services. Also, at present, only documents can be shipped to individual homes in Russia. Please contact DHL Customer Service (0120-39-2580) for more information.
- Q.Can I specify the time of delivery?
- A.No. Delivery time cannot be specified for DHL EXPRESS EASY. DHL offers other services for customers who wish to have delivery time assurance. Please contact DHL Customer Service (0120-39-2580) for more information.
- Q.Can I send a shipment to a hotel overseas?
- A.Yes. DHL EXPRESS EASY shipment may be sent to accommodation facilities overseas. But please note that some facilities may require information, e.g. room number of the receiver, to be written on the waybill. Local customs authorities may contact the receiver regarding receipt of their shipment. Shipment to guests who have not yet checked in at the facility or who are only staying for a short period of time cannot be accepted.
- Q.What is HS code?
- A.HS code (Harmonized System code) is a 6-digit number used to classify internationally traded products. This code is required when sending non-document shipments to the People's Republic of China. HS codes can be found on the Japan Customs website. http://www.customs.go.jp/yusyutu/2016/index.htm Please refer to the following image to confirm where to enter the HS code on shipment waybills and invoices.
- Q.What is CR code?
- A.CR code (Customs Registration code) is a 10-digit number issued by Chinese Customs to the receiver residing in China. This code is required when sending non-document shipments to the People's Republic of China. Please contact the receiver for the CR code before sending a shipment. However, a CR code is not required when a package is sent from an individual to another individual residing in China, and the declared value of the package is less than 100 U.S. dollars. Please refer to the following image to confirm where to enter the CR code on shipment waybills and invoices.
Please feel free to contact DHL Customer Service for inquiries including shipment status, transit time, restrictions at destination countries.
DHL Customer Service
Toll-free number (calls from mobile phones and PHS can be connected)